Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] mRemote - Windows 7 compatible?
I guess this is a question for Felix. I hear he hangs out here occaisionally...

Should mRemote V1.5 run on a Win7, 64 bit system? It appears to install successfully, into the x86 Programs tree.

When it opens, I am prompted to save the default config file, into the default folder. If I save it to the same name, or different, or different folder, the file is created, but the cursor changes to a wait state, and after several seconds, the application goes to "Not Responding" and logs an "Application Hang" entry in the Event Viewer.

Using the compatibility Wizard has similar results. Cursor goes to "waiting" but the app title bar never goes to "Not Responding" and must be killed with task manager.

Whe installing in the XP Mode VM, installation appears to succeed, but launching the app generates a "failed to initialize" error.
Generally no, mRemote was never tested on 64bit systems.
This is also stated in the requirements: http://www.mremote.org/wiki/Overview.ashx#Requirements

Though I had several reports of people running mRemote just fine on 64bit systems but I have had no report of someone running Win7 64bit yet, and I have not tested it myself so I think I can't help you there.

The only thing I can suggest trying is placing a existing confCons.xml file in the correct folder.
mRemote should check for it, find it, and eventually read it.
Good news - Not mRemote issue...
That was the first symptom of something fubarred on the system. I ended up reinstalling Win7, and mRemote continues to work normally.

Thanks

felix.deimel Wrote:Generally no, mRemote was never tested on 64bit systems.
This is also stated in the requirements: http://www.mremote.org/wiki/Overview.ashx#Requirements

Though I had several reports of people running mRemote just fine on 64bit systems but I have had no report of someone running Win7 64bit yet, and I have not tested it myself so I think I can't help you there.

The only thing I can suggest trying is placing a existing confCons.xml file in the correct folder.
mRemote should check for it, find it, and eventually read it.
good to hear! =)