ASG-RD 2015 RTM
I get the error after the import.
So I can generate the message at each moment.

Details on the connection issue:

The Error Message in the Error log in the RD2015 application is as fellows:
An unhandled error occured in the application. You should restart the application to prevent further problems.

Stacktrace:
Unhandled Exception
An unhandled error occured in the application. You should restart the application to prevent further problems.
Random is not a valid value for Int32.

---------------------------

at System.ComponentModel.BaseNumberConverter.ConvertFrom(ITypeDescriptorContext context, CultureInfo culture, Object value)
at System.Drawing.ColorConverter.ConvertFrom(ITypeDescriptorContext context, CultureInfo culture, Object value)
at System.Drawing.ColorTranslator.FromHtml(String htmlColor)
at CloudAdminUI.DockControls.ConnectionControl..ctor(ConnectionParameter connectionParams, DockControl dockControl)
at CloudAdminConsole.MainForm.AddNewConnectionDocument(ConnectionParameter connectionParams)
at CloudAdminCommon.Access.ConnectionManager.Connect(ConnectionParameter connParams, IConnectionDocument& connDoc)
at CloudAdminCommon.Access.ConnectionManager.Connect(ConnectionParameter _connParams, ConnectionOptions options, IConnectionDocument& connDoc)
at CloudAdminCommon.Access.ConnectionManager.Connect(List`1 connIds, ConnectionOptions options)
at CloudAdminCommon.PlugInBase.DoubleClick(Guid itemId, Guid nodeTypeId)
at CloudAdminCommon.Access.PlugInAccessor.ExecuteDoubleClickOnNode(Guid itemId, Guid nodeTypeId)
at CloudAdminConsole.MainForm.advTree1_DoubleClick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnDoubleClick(EventArgs e)
at DevComponents.AdvTree.AdvTree.OnDoubleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Ok, I think I found the issue - will be fixed in Patch1
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(01-12-2014, 11:14 AM)DevOma Wrote: Ok, I think I found the issue - will be fixed in Patch1

Thanks! I can replace vRD2012 by RD2015 when this is fixed. When can we expect the patch?
End of this week / if there are some new issues perhaps next week...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Little Bug:
If you have open connections and try to close ASG RD 2015 Main Window you'll get a Message saying something similar to "There are open connections, do you relay want to close the Application"...

If you click "Yes" it will completely exit ASG RD 2015... that's OK, but the same thing happen if you click "No"
(01-12-2014, 01:32 PM)Wiki Wrote: Little Bug:
If you have open connections and try to close ASG RD 2015 Main Window you'll get a Message saying something similar to "There are open connections, do you relay want to close the Application"...

If you click "Yes" it will completely exit ASG RD 2015... that's OK, but the same thing happen if you click "No"

And after its closed by answering No, and you restart vRD2015 it don't open the tabs/connections that where open before... despite the enabled setting to open all connections in the settings screen on startup.

Hopefully this can be fixed to soon.
We are currently on vrd 2011, and Im no trying to test asg-rd 2015. To import Connections from previous Version its Limited to vrd 2012. But i dont have a License for 2012. How can i test the migration without buying a License?

Regards

Geir Ove Bjørseth
When will ASG RD 2015 be available in the shop?
(01-12-2014, 09:48 AM)DevOma Wrote: @Kristoffer: The format has changed from 2012 to 2015 - it is described in the online help - you now can specify the fields to import with your csv - if you make an export you wiill see - you can specify the columns in export - on import it will be read from the file which columns are in the csv and only these columns are used for the import

Like i said it dosnt work like intended. I exported first to see what it looks for. then i used this template to copy in servernames and destinations. Nad protocols, but if i set SSH Protocol in csv file do import and everything is set to RDP connection, how is that right ?

// Kristoffer
@kim.devos: The shop will be updated in January - but the license is valid for 2012 and 2015 - so it make no difference...

@Kristoffer: I will check asap
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
@Kristoffer: You are right - the column order in export files is wrong - the header columns do not match the columns of the content - you can manually edit the header columns and switch the positions - but it will also be fixed for Patch1 (planned for Friday)
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Hy DevOma,

Can you answer my questions I ask earlier?

I don't have to specify the /ProfileFile anymore? Or are there cases where it can be used additionally to the admin configuration?

Question about licensing: Is this named or concurrent? And can I view my current usage? Receive users a message when the license limit is reached?

Another question / issue about this new version:

My ASG RD users usually type in (the first part of) the servername in the tree to select the right server. in ASGRD2015 the selection go's to the server that's starting with the next character; eg: SERVER > first server with S selected, then E, R etc.

Can this be configured by a setting? Or can you fix this in next patch?
@hardinxcore: Yes I can - but would be more easy in own threads

Old question: Will fix this for Patch1

Licensing: Named User- you can use "User Administration" to see how many different profiles are used - program will not stop working if you reach the limit...

Profile: I do not understand the question-you can specify the path by command line

TreeView: It should work, but I can add a setting how long the timespan between two key presses may be- I changed it for RTM, but I can make it configurable
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
I had posted in the previous 2014 thread but you directed me to this thread, so I'll repost my issue.

I upgraded from ASG 2012 to RC5 on 11/13 and was using it daily for about a week until I went on holiday, but today I am receiving the message "This Release Candidate has expired. Program will not start anymore!". Can you please assist? Thank you.
(03-12-2014, 02:07 AM)Kim A Wrote: I had posted in the previous 2014 thread but you directed me to this thread, so I'll repost my issue.

I upgraded from ASG 2012 to RC5 on 11/13 and was using it daily for about a week until I went on holiday, but today I am receiving the message "This Release Candidate has expired. Program will not start anymore!". Can you please assist? Thank you.

Hi,,
You just need to install the RTM version the RC versions has a time limit.

// Kristoffer
(24-11-2014, 11:26 AM)Andreas Mariotti Wrote: Regarding the missing MultiEdit. There is a new Inheritance feature in the 2015 version, when you use this you don’t really need MultiEdit.

This does not work on folders, i have a few hundred Linux machines, and all connections is set to RDP per default, i cant change this to SSH.
Now i need to do this on every connection... PLEASE HELP

// Kristoffer
csv import will work with Patch1 - then you will be able to update it easily - planned for Friday!
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(03-12-2014, 12:12 AM)DevOma Wrote: @hardinxcore: Yes I can - but would be more easy in own threads

Old question: Will fix this for Patch1

Licensing: Named User- you can use "User Administration" to see how many different profiles are used - program will not stop working if you reach the limit...

Profile: I do not understand the question-you can specify the path by command line

TreeView: It should work, but I can add a setting how long the timespan between two key presses may be- I changed it for RTM, but I can make it configurable

Thanks for the answers!

Profile: I don't need them anymore as a command line parameter, because it's configured within the application by the administrator, right? (Settings > Default Values)

TreeView: Please add the timespan setting. We use the application always on/through Citrix (XenApp and XenDesktop) and the timespan is a way to fast now (and I can type quick).

Hope you fix also the (already mentioned) bug when closing and you press No when RD2015 ask if you are sure (then it close without remembering the opened connections) in the comming release.
Hi,

I found another BUG:
It seems like the Extended shortcut availability does not work anymore.
At least you can't call the "Find" anymore when you are within a remote desktop session.

For us this is one of the most important functions.

Regards
Markus
Hello DevOma,

we have Install the new Version in DB Mode.
But we have some points
  • Our Database Team create a new empty Database, with DB Owner Right for our AD-Group. In the DB –Wizard we select “Create new DB” with “Use Exist DB (DBOWNER)”. RD create the DB and restart. But then RD2015 crash and close. It was not possible to start RD2015 until I change in the DB the Schmea Tables like “Markjones”

(26-11-2014, 05:05 PM)Markjones Wrote: Oliver
    We are using RTM 2015 and we have resolved the problem. The installation created two tables LOGS & ITEMPROPERTIESUSAGE were created under the local USER Schema and not DBO, we changed that to DBO and the migration worked OK.
    Thanks

• The Migration of our old 2012 DB(7.2.3955.0) looks good. All Data are in the new Database.

But we have some User that lose on “some” Object the inheritance of the upper Folder Credential.
    How could I Analyze the Problem?

• Some colleagues hide the “Find” bar in bottom of RD.
    But when they revert it over STR+F the “Find” go in Fullscreen Mode back und lose the Position in the bottom of RD2015.

Regards
Sascha