Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
vRD 2011 - question about license and upgrading to 2012+
Hey guys,

We have a vRD 2011 environment v. 7.0.3215.1 (Running on SQL Server 2012 SP4) and are looking into upgrading to the most recent versions of ASG. As far as I understand we have to first migrate the existing database to 2012, and then once that has been completed we can proceed with upgrading to the most recent versions.

I'm a bit confused as what this means in regards to our license (including vRD 2011 Info screenshot for reference) and have a couple of questions-

1) Can we upgrade/migrate our database to 2012 with the current license that we have? (see attached Info screenshot) Or do we first need to upgrade the license?

2) Once our database is on version 2012 do we need to acquire licenses prior to upgrading vRD to ASG 2018? Or is it all part of the same process?

3) Who should we point our Purchasing team to so that they could procure the appropriate license(s) we may need for this procedure?

I'm attaching a screenshot of our Info page in vRD 2011. Please let me know if there's any additional info you may need.

Thanks,
Alex

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
vRD 2011 - question about license and upgrading to 2012+ - by asilkin - 23-07-2018, 06:49 PM