Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug found in Exort / import ??
We noticed that during the export and import of the complete configuration some settings after the import are missing. After the import, we were missing the settings for the inherited login settings.
The login settings are all available. Only the inherited inheritances had to be entered again.
File or database mode? I will check this...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(15-12-2016, 12:17 PM)DevOma Wrote: File or database mode? I will check this...

File Mode
(15-12-2016, 12:17 PM)DevOma Wrote: File or database mode? I will check this...

Now ... i have the same Problem with Role for External Applikation
i use ASG for our Admin Web Portal and use External Browser ...

for this case i use External Applikation Settings ... (one for Firefox and one for IE)
here i have the Same Problem .. after Export and import the Setting that the Role "External Application" is activated is lost.

But when i activate the Role after import, the correct Settings is choosen ...
I checked that now - could it be that you use the Role "External Application" by "Inherited roles" - because the data of the item is imported 1:1 - and if the roles selection was "Inherited Values" than it will be set to the same if you import in any other folder... because when I export an ExtApp with Roles=>Ext.App. it will imported in same way
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
We use ext. Applications
We also use these with and without inheritance

We have the problem not only in applications, but also in inherited logins.

If I inherit access data in a folder and export the entire configuration and then import it to a new computer, the inheritance is suddenly deactivated.
I then have to activate the VErerbung again but otherwise no more settings, he obviously has imported through the import correctly.
Could you please try to give an example like this

Folder1 (Cred assignment => Default values)
=> Connection1 (Cred assignment => Inherited)

Export

Import to a new Folder with following result

=> Folder1 (Cred assignment => ???)
=>=> Connection1 (Cred assignment => ???)

Because I have done some tests and it seems to work as it should be - so I need an example to reproduce or understand what you expect?
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(24-01-2017, 09:34 AM)DevOma Wrote: Could you please try to give an example like this

Folder1 (Cred assignment => Default values)
=> Connection1 (Cred assignment => Inherited)

Export

Import to a new Folder with following result

=> Folder1 (Cred assignment => ???)
=>=> Connection1 (Cred assignment => ???)

Because I have done some tests and it seems to work as it should be - so I need an example to reproduce or understand what you expect?

No Problem :-)

Sample 1: problem 

export

=> Folder 1 (Cred Assignment => Example: marc.hoellinger)
=> =>  Connection 1 (Roll & cred inherited)
=> => Connection 2 (Cred Assignment => Example: andreas.heiz )

after import 

=> Folder 1 (Roll & cred inherited)
=> =>  Connection 1 (Roll & cred inherited)
=> => Connection 2 (Cred Assignment => Example: andreas.heiz )

Sample 2: Problem with Program

=> Folder 1 (activate role (ext.Applikation) / Selected App (Firefox.exe) )
=> => Folder 2 (Program & Roll inherited)
=> => => Connection 1 (Program & Roll inherited)
=> => => Connection 2 ( assignment Programm (Firefox.exe) & inherate Role )
=> => => Connection 3 ( assignment Programm (iexplorer.exe) & assignment Role (Applikation) )

after import

=> Folder 1 (inherited role / inherited App)
=> => Folder 2 (Program & Roll inherited)
=> => => Connection 1 (Program & Roll inherited)
=> => => Connection 2 ( assignment Programm (Firefox.exe) & inherate Role )
=> => => Connection 3 ( assignment Programm (iexplorer.exe) & assignment Role (Applikation) )

-----

Is there a way to use the database-based version even if it is not always a connection to the database.
This would eliminate this problem. As an administrator, there is not always the possibility of a connection to the server. I have found no settings for this.
I will check the example - and sure you can use the database version - if you loose the database connection while working with the program you will be automatically switch to offline mode - and of course all your changes can be synced right after you connect again to your database - also it is possible to save all your data every time you close the program - so if you don't have access to the database next time you start the application it will load the last saved offline data. Check the help for offline settings
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Import is exactly the same as the data I exported - used the same data as in your example - did you import to a new file environment or only to a second folder? I created a test folder and imported there the data...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
ok ... wetry it again ... with the same Problem ...
We use the Database Version now