Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ASG RD 2017 - Credentials
Hi

Since the installation of ASG remote Desktop 2017, I can't use my defined credentials. That always asked for my wondows securty.

More, I lost the "Credrentials" option when I'm going in the properties of a connexion. 

Can you help me to fix this problem?

Thanks

Steve
Hi Steve, sorry for the delay. Thats not usual but could happen...not often however. To your problem: what was the former version you come frome ?
Have you checked the role item for the connection where you dont see "credential" settings ? The "role" credentials must be enabled. If thats enabled do you see the credentials or is there simply "nothing" ?

Best regards,
Michael
best regards,
Michael -- michael.scholz@asg.com --
(07-04-2017, 08:50 AM)Michael Scholz Wrote: Hi Steve, sorry for the delay. Thats not usual but could happen...not often however. To your problem:  what was the former version you come frome  ?
Have you checked the role item for the connection where you dont see "credential" settings ?  The "role" credentials must be enabled.  If thats enabled do you see the credentials or is there simply "nothing" ?

Best regards,
Michael

Hi Michael,

I'm having the exact same problem.
After upgrading from 2012 to 2017 i had to recreate my credentials and when i tried to add them to a connection it doesn't work.
I tried to add as default value, Inherited and Personal value, but when i double click on the connection it will always prompt for credentials.
Is there a setting that i have to check?

Regards, Meto
Hi Meto,

so I assume you have added the role "credentials" otherwise you would not be able to see credentials at all. There is an option in the credetial settings "Options" - "Always prompt for password" that should not be set. You can check that if not already done.

Best regards,
Michael
best regards,
Hi michael,

No this checkbox isn't set anywhere
So you are working in file-mode or database mode ? You can choose the credentials but if you re-open the connection setting the settings is lost ? Do you use Security groups ? You say you upgraded from 2012 to 2017..hmm.. have you checked the security settings regarding the right to modify connections for the affected user in the connection tree ?
best regards,
(09-05-2018, 09:37 AM)Michael Scholz Wrote: So you are working in file-mode or database mode ? You can choose the credentials but if you re-open the connection setting the settings is lost ?  Do you use Security groups ? You say you upgraded from 2012 to 2017..hmm.. have you checked the security settings regarding the right to modify connections for the affected user in the connection tree ?

I am working on database mode, but i don't use security groups.
I just have a few credentials, which i've assigned over the various connections.
Whenever i try to connect i'm prompted for credentials anyway
Can you please create a new credentials object in Navigation - and a new connection object - add Role "Credentials" - assign your Creds and try to start your connection - is that working?
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(09-05-2018, 11:47 AM)DevOma Wrote: Can you please create a new credentials object in Navigation - and a new connection object - add Role "Credentials" - assign your Creds and try to start your connection - is that working?

I was able to migrate all connections from 2012 to 2017.
The credentials and role had to be recreated.

Just now i tried with a new connection which i made manually, assigned security role and added credentials, but same problem
(09-05-2018, 01:12 PM)metodi Wrote:
(09-05-2018, 11:47 AM)DevOma Wrote: Can you please create a new credentials object in Navigation - and a new connection object - add Role "Credentials" - assign your Creds and try to start your connection - is that working?

I was able to migrate all connections from 2012 to 2017.
The credentials and role had to be recreated.

Just now i tried with a new connection which i made manually, assigned security role and added credentials, but same problem

I am having the same issue.  I actually uninstalled ASG 2017 and reinstalled version 10.1.5713.0.  It seemed to have a cache of some of my data because some of my favorites came back (but not all of them)
I created new credentials and they do not work when attempting to make a connection.
If I use Connect As Custom and manually type in my credentials, it also does not connect.  When the console comes up, I can manually type in the credentials and get logged into the server.
I have re-entered my credentials under Credential - Options several times to ensure they are correct.
It's almost acts like the credentials are not being inherited down the tree. (UPDATE - actually this seems to only be affecting a certain folder within the tree. One folder and its subcontents connect up fine)
(UPDATE #2 - we seemed to have narrowed this down to servers that have Imprivata installed on Windows 2008R2 - not sure why yet)

Thanks