Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Licensing ASG-RD - 2017 - Details
Hello , 

After testing ASG-RD - 2017 we plan to purchase around 10 Named Admin license which will feet to our company needs. Currently the software is deployed on several workstations which are connecting to same SQL DB . I did not find and resource on asg website about ASG-RD - 2017 product licensing . Named Admin license include 1 Year Subscription but what happens after license expiration ? is this license perpetual ? will still be able to use the software without updates ? will need to purchase another license in order to be able to use the product again ?

Thank you for any help (pointing licensing documentation , etc)
Hi and thanks for you interest in ASG-RD !

The licensing is relativ simple and as you mentioned: it's perpetual. You are still able to use the software without maintenance. The only thing you can't do is upgrade to a newer version that is released after your maintenance has ended ! The license conditions are shown after executing the setup and you can leave the setup at that point without installing. By agreeing the conditions you proceed to the setup ;-)
If we provide updates to the product we mainly implement new features and sometimes we eliminate small problems that could occur on some setups. So if your not affected by a special problem or don't need the newest features you are not forced to update. Just use the product ;-)

Hope that helps,
Best regards,
Michael
best regards,
Michael -- michael.scholz@asg.com --
Thank you Michael for your reply .
I had the same issue after an upgrade patch from 2017 p1 to p2. I attempted to request an upgrade price from support but no response thus far.
(12-09-2017, 12:07 AM)kaffien Wrote: I had the same issue after an upgrade patch from 2017 p1 to p2. I attempted to request an upgrade price from support but no response thus far.

What exact issue did you have ? If you have questions to pricing please write to asg.rd@asg.com

regards,
Michael
best regards,
Michael -- michael.scholz@asg.com --