Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Account getting locked out
I am using ASG-RemoteDesktop 2017 (10.1.5713.0).   I have two Active Directory accounts "smith" (my everyday account) and "admsmith" (has admin rights on servers).  In ASG-RD, I setup my admsmith credentials.  On the connections folder I set to use the admsmith credentials.

This has been working perfectly for over a year.   This week, I moved our ASG database from SQL 2012 to SQL 2016.   Now my admsmith account keeps getting locked out in Active Directory.

I have tried:
- Unlocking
- deleting the admsmith credentials and readding
- Rebooting my PC
- Changing my password and unlocking; changing the password in my ASG credentials (works - I can connect)

This is what I have learned -- if my admsmith credentials are created in ASG and ASG is open, I get locked out.

As another test I deleted my admsmith credentials from ASG, created myself an admsmith2 login with same domain rights, added admsmith2 to ASG, and used admsmith2 = no lockouts!  Just for kicks I added my admsmith credentials back into ASG and that account got locked out again!  Bizarre!

Any suggestions? Or any ideas what is causing this?

Thank you.
Can you check if polling of session information is active - I think this is the only feature that could lock out your account. Try to deactivate. But if your credentials are correct that should never result in locking out the admin account... It sounds really curious...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(29-09-2017, 08:01 AM)DevOma Wrote: Can you check if polling of session information is active - I think this is the only feature that could lock out your account. Try to deactivate. But if your credentials are correct that should never result in locking out the admin account... It sounds really curious...

Polling Interval - both to discover and to refresh are set to "never".
Any other ideas?
Sorry, for the delay...

I don't think that SQL 2012 or 2016 makes any difference.

There must be any setting where your account is used - are you working in database mode or with a local file? Any hidden credential object - that could be checked by "Administration=>Data Optimizer" - but if your password is set correctly in your cred object why your account is getting locked out? I do not really understand that...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(09-10-2017, 09:59 AM)DevOma Wrote: Sorry, for the delay...

I don't think that SQL 2012 or 2016 makes any difference.

There must be any setting where your account is used - are you working in database mode or with a local file? Any hidden credential object - that could be checked by "Administration=>Data Optimizer" - but if your password is set correctly in your cred object why your account is getting locked out? I do not really understand that...

Terribly sorry - I did not realize that I was not subscribed to this thread and I have been waiting for a response.

Database

Data Optimizer -- Not sure what it found.  I fixed at each section that it found something and ran analyze again.

>>> if your password is set correctly in your cred object why your account is getting locked out? I do not really understand that...
Exactly!  Because I can do Connect As and use it.  If I unlock my account then the credential works, so it must be set correctly.  It is a private credential and it is the only one with that name (so I don't have two of them).

Having the credential created doesn't cause a problem.
When I do Connect As and use it, eventually it will lock out.  Just be leaving that session open -- not be connecting to new sessions.

I will see if this still happens now that I have run the data optimizer.