Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Security
hello
do you have any documentation about the encryption/security in ASG;
as you probably know this is a high topic in an enterprise ; I'd like to have a clear understanding on how ASG is secured

Thanks
It is described in the help file - but I can explain it to you...

Generally passwords (or the whole in local environments) are encrypted with AES256-algorythm - the keys depends on how you log on - if you log on with username/password the username/password combination is used as key for encryption/decryption - if you use Windows Account log on method part of the AD-account is used as key for the encryption. Hope that helps...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(14-09-2016, 08:33 AM)DevOma Wrote: It is described in the help file - but I can explain it to you...

Generally passwords (or the whole in local environments) are encrypted with AES256-algorythm - the keys depends on how you log on - if you log on with username/password the username/password combination is used as key for encryption/decryption - if you use Windows Account log on method part of the AD-account is used as key for the encryption. Hope that helps...

Thank you for your explanation
do you have a complete description in a PDF file instead of the HELP
I appreciate your help
thanks
No not really - I'm sorry
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
The key is part of the login - so if you use username/pwd you have to hack the combination of username/pwd to login - Windows login is using part of the Windows ActiveDirectory-Account as key - so it's not easy to hack
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Wink 
(14-09-2016, 08:33 AM)DevOma Wrote: It is described in the help file - but I can explain it to you...

Hi Thanks for the explanation about the key for encryption/decryption.
I can now safely assume that my password is almost unbreakable as no one knows

Generally passwords (or the whole in local environments) are encrypted with AES256-algorythm - the keys depends on how to get SARMS for sale and you log on - if you log on with username/password the username/password combination is used as the most key for encryption/decryption - if you use Windows Account log on method part of the AD-account is used as key for the encryption. Hope that helps...

yeah, you are write. When we register or login somewhere then our password goes in encrypted form and no one can use it. It is really impossible for anyone to hack our accounts.