Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KeyPass Password Manager Support in ASG 2018
Hello,

Is there some documentation that explains KeyPass integration with ASG 2018?  I can't find anything in the help and didn't notice anything in the interface but maybe I missed something.

Thanks.
In Help you can find under: Working with credentials => Synchronisation of credential objects => KeePass

In general to activate the PasswordManager-Integration-Modules you have to activate the responding PlugIn in Tools=>Settings=>Extensions

After restarting the app you will see the integration on credential folders - just configure your KeePass file and sync it...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(23-01-2018, 09:10 AM)DevOma Wrote: In Help you can find under: Working with credentials => Synchronisation of credential objects => KeePass

In general to activate the PasswordManager-Integration-Modules you have to activate the responding PlugIn in Tools=>Settings=>Extensions

After restarting the app you will see the integration on credential folders - just configure your KeePass file and sync it...

Thank you!  I realize now why I couldn't find it; I did a search for "KeyPass" instead of "KeePass".  Whoops!   But thanks for directing me to the correct location and I will try it out.  Thank you for including this feature!
Hello,

I'm glad I found this forum!  I was looking for more information on this and even though I enabled the Keepass Integration and went so far as to completely restart my system, I don't see any differences in the credentials section. I can't find anything on Keepass anywhere else in the application.  I've looked at individual credentials and connection properties and still can't find anything. 

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

UPDATE: I found an option for KEEPASS under Credentials --> MultiEdit Childs --> KeePass.

However, now when I enter the information, Keepass does open and I can put in the necessary credentials, but I get the attached error:

Using the exact same information when running KeePass independently, Keepass will open.
Create a folder under credentials - there you should see "KeePass" category in Properties... the MultiEdit should not show some elements, seems to be a bug

You can configure your KeePass file and sync your creds into ASG-RD - it is also described in help file
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(24-01-2018, 10:59 PM)DevOma Wrote: Create a folder under credentials - there you should see "KeePass" category in Properties... the MultiEdit should not show some elements, seems to be a bug

You can configure your KeePass file and sync your creds into ASG-RD - it is also described in help file

Thanks, I tried this and received the attached error.  I know that file location is valid since it is also used by Keepass application (though app is closed when I attempt this).  I did not see any real details in the help to assist me, which is why I posted here.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Ok - which version do you use? Should be 2.x

How do you protect your KeePass file? Master-Password, Windows-Account, Key-File? If you do not set a password in ASGRD you should see the login dialog from KeePass to login into your KeePass file? Does this work für you?
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Thank you,

I am using Keepass 2.38 and utilize Master Password and Key-File authentication.
Ok - we will publish a Patch for supporting also Keyfile and Windows User Account login methods - I think it should be ready next week :-)

Did you try to use it without set the MasterPassword - then you should be able to login directly with KeePass-Login-Dialog...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Thank you, Oliver. I tried using it without set MasterPassword, still received the error as posted below.

I will await the patch.