Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Only Local domain available for login
We have a couple users that are not getting their private credentials or layouts when they log into asg.  After a bunch of comparing between them and "working" users we noticed that the local computer is the only domain available for selection, the domain the computer is a member of is not showing up.  Looking at the user list in ASG confirms that there are now new users <username>@<computername>.domain.local.  We are not seeing any new patches installed, it was a worked yesterday, didn't work this morning type incident.  ASG version is 10.1.5713.0.
Anyone else see this before?
Never seen before - any changes in AD? Do the users really login to the local computer using their domain account? But if the problem occurs for some but not all users at the same time anything in your environment must have changed?!?
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
I'm talking to the AD team... they had some GPO changes queued that they pushed because of month end.  I reviewed those and they didn't get applied yet or seem relevant, enabling certificate auto enrollment and forcing windows firewall services into a particular state.  Not trusting them I also searched through the log collector for my (I'm patient 0) user and didn't find anything in the last 48 hours.

I am able to get back to my expected environment if I disable integrated login and use <user>@<domain> format to log in.  The other guy this is happening to is in Europe and travelling so I'm not having much luck.

Are there dependencies ( vistual C++ redist, .NET versions etc.) I should look for changes in as well?  I'll try logging into another machine with ASG installed and see if the problem follows me, we do not have roaming profiles so that should help eliminate or include AD problems.
Only .NET - but that could not cause such an issue - and more users would complain about these issues - must be something environment specific
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
I only ask about dependancies because we had a deployment that was removing some x86 versions of some visual C++ components that would cause some things to malfunction.  I'll try to grab another workstation today to see if it follows me.
Just a little bump.  I installed Patch 5 yesterday and I am now able to use domain login again.
:-)
Regards/Gruss
Oliver