Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] Error: An error occured while creating the desktop
After upgrading our DB to with the new 2010 client, when i try to connect to the database in a new instance i get this error and 2010 wont start up again.

Error

An error occured while creating the desktop

Unable to cast object of type
'System.Security.Principal.GenericIdentity' to type
'visionapp.vCCAPI.User.IvCCIdentity'

any idea what this means?
If i reinstall vrd 2010 i can open it up again and connect to the old 2009 db with no issues.
Is this the whole event log entry? If not please post it. I will try to find out what's going wrong...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
DevOma Wrote:Is this the whole event log entry? If not please post it. I will try to find out what's going wrong...

Its not from the eventlog. The eventlog doesnt show anything.

attached screenshot of the error.
And its when i try to connect to the new converted database it happens. It starts up fine with the local database.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

We are seeing the same error with all users in a User-defined Role. System Administrators (Predefined Role) are able to start and use vRD just fine.
Info Support Wrote:We are seeing the same error with all users in a User-defined Role. System Administrators (Predefined Role) are able to start and use vRD just fine.

There's also an error logged in the eventlog:

Error from Component <vCC>
visionapp.vCCCommonLib.ExceptionHandler.vCCException
Error
An error occurred while creating the desktop.

Unable to cast object of type 'System.Security.Principal.GenericIdentity' to type 'visionapp.vCCAPI.User.IvCCIdentity'.

StackTrace:
at visionapp.vCCAPI.User.vCCUser.GetUserIdentity()
at visionapp.vRDCommonLib.Providers.SQLStoreProvider..ctor()
at visionapp.vRDResources.ModuleStructure.InitializeModule()
at visionapp.vRDResources.ModuleStructure.GetAllDataItemsOfType(ObjectTypes type)
at visionapp.vCCCommonLib.ModuleAccess.ModuleAccessor.GetDynamicDataItemsOfType(NodeObjectType type)
at visionapp.vCCCommonLib.Helper.TreeNodeHelper.CreateAuthTreeNode(Boolean forTriState, List`1 authItems, NodeObjectTypeCollection typeCollection, NodeObjectType type, Int32 parentId)
at visionapp.vCCCommonLib.Helper.TreeNodeHelper.CreateAuthTreeNode(Boolean forTriState, List`1 authItems, NodeObjectTypeCollection typeCollection, NodeObjectType type, Int32 parentId)
at visionapp.vCCCommonLib.Helper.TreeNodeHelper.CreateAuthTriStateTreeView(TopicTypes topicType)
at visionapp.vCCCommonLib.User.vCCPrincipal.InitSecurityRoles()
at visionapp.vCCDesktop.Desktop.InitPassThrough()
at visionapp.vCCDesktop.Desktop.Main(String[] args)
Could you please post more infos about the "User defined security role" - we couldn't reproduce the bug right now. So how looks like this role? Which object types do you have authorized? Single items like connections? Administration menu items? Post as much as you can... Thanks!
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
I have found out it only works for me when im assigned the predefined system administrator role.
when im assigned the user defined role (that is identical to the one we use in 2009) i get the error.
Screenshots attached of the permissions for the user defined role

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I found the bug - and fixed it - we will provide a new vRD version very soon - hopefully today.
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
fixed with the new version. Thanks alot :=)
Where can I find this update? We are having the same problem.

DevOma Wrote:I found the bug - and fixed it - we will provide a new vRD version very soon - hopefully today.
It is not published yet - we will inform you if it is available
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Can you please provide a status update?

DevOma Wrote:It is not published yet - we will inform you if it is available
We plan to publish the Fix tomorrow
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
DevOma Wrote:We plan to publish the Fix tomorrow

Thanks...I downloaded the update today and the problem is resolved.

THANK YOU!