Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] An RDP protocol error occured - Windows Sockets connect failed
I'm trying to connect with servers through a gateway server.
With mstsc this is possible, but when trying this with remote desktop 2009 we get the following error:

An RDP protocol error occured - Windows Sockets connect failed

How is this possible ?
Are you talking about „TS Gateway“? Have you configured the necessary settings on the vRD “RDP Advanced” tab? (Can you post a screenshot of “RDP” and “RD PAdvanced” tab?)
Andreas Mariotti Wrote:Are you talking about „TS Gateway“? Have you configured the necessary settings on the vRD “RDP Advanced” tab? (Can you post a screenshot of “RDP” and “RD PAdvanced” tab?)

Yes we have, see attachement

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Can you try this with vRD 2010 instead of vRD 2009? vRD 2010 has some improvements regarding the TS Gateway support. For example, vRD 2010 supports different credentials for the Terminal authentication and the TS Gateway authentication.

Can you try the “RDP Advanced -> Server Authentication” setting “Warn me” instead of “Connect and don’t warn me”, maybe we get a better error message.
Andreas Mariotti Wrote:Can you try this with vRD 2010 instead of vRD 2009? vRD 2010 has some improvements regarding the TS Gateway support. For example, vRD 2010 supports different credentials for the Terminal authentication and the TS Gateway authentication.

Can you try the “RDP Advanced -> Server Authentication” setting “Warn me” instead of “Connect and don’t warn me”, maybe we get a better error message.

In vRD 2010 i get the attached message with the settings you provided me.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I have made some tests regarding the vRD TS Gateway support, works fine for me. I not able to reproduce your issue. I think it’s not a general vRD issue, maybe its environment specific. We have a Windows 2008 demo environment behind a TS Gateway. I send you the connection parameters and login via private mail. Can you make a connection test to this environment?
I'm having the same error connecting to Windows 7 RTM machines using vRD 2010.

I can't connect with Windows' Remote Desktop Connect either.

Any pointers?
Paulo Morgado
http://PauloMorgado.NET/
Hi,

sounds like the RDP client or some parts of it are not working properly anymore.
Maybe this helps:
http://www.visionapp.com/germany/product...top.html#5 -> "Configuration: When trying to connect to a remote computer via vRD 2010 an error appears. What might be causing this?"
Grüße/Regards

Thomas
I just found this out yesterday, and I'm quite ashamed.

After trying all configuration of the Windows Firewall and policies, all it required was:

Control Panel -> System -> Advanced Settings -> Remote -> Remote Desktop -> one of the Allow options
Paulo Morgado
http://PauloMorgado.NET/