Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
all connections lost/deleted
registered rd2010
windows7 32bit.

a BSOD occurred while rd2010 was open with half a dozen connections active.

restarted the pc, restarted rd2010, the connections list is completely empty.

under "connections" is present a folder that had been created, and contained some connections.

How could we retrieve the connections list without re-entering them all?
thanks
I think your connections are gone... if it is saved at least once there is a backup file - but not in a case of a bluescreen...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
DevOma Wrote:I think your connections are gone... if it is saved at least once there is a backup file - but not in a case of a bluescreen...

that's not a good news.

The program is in use since some time, therefore the backup file you mention shall be present somewhere.
I have backups of the hard disk, therefore I'd like to know where the backups are stored.
Also I'd like to know where the connections are stored, so to track them down manually on the backups.
In the toolbar you have a "Support Info"-Button - it shows you the path the settings file (settings.xml) is stored - have a look into this directory if there is a backup file...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
DevOma Wrote:In the toolbar you have a "Support Info"-Button - it shows you the path the settings file (settings.xml) is stored - have a look into this directory if there is a backup file...

thanks.
the backup file is there.
either the backup file AND the regular config file DO have the connection entries in them.
I renamed the .bak in .xml and removed the "new".xml, even killed vrd.exe process, restarted, and the connections are still missing.

Also the credentials are lost.

Any way to import the connections from the backup xml (not .vre) file?

Another clue: from the moment when I click the icon to the moment when the rd2010 window is displayed, some 20-30 seconds elapse. before, rd2010 startup was almost instant.
Problem is that vRD writes every time a backup when reading the xml file was successfull - so if your data is gone we can't reproduce it.

The start delay is very strange - we have some customers who reported that startng vRD is very slow - but nobody told us that is was instant before?!?

Delete your settings.xml - a new one will be created - and backup your data from time to time
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
DevOma Wrote:Problem is that vRD writes every time a backup when reading the xml file was successfull - so if your data is gone we can't reproduce it.

The start delay is very strange - we have some customers who reported that startng vRD is very slow - but nobody told us that is was instant before?!?

Delete your settings.xml - a new one will be created - and backup your data from time to time

will try.
since the backup xml could be useless, as demonstrated in this case,
i would suggest that rd2010 makes automatically a "real" export of the connections upon startup (vre, vrb, you mention it), maybe configurable by user about encryption, confirmation request and so on.
For us, it would seem the problem occurs following an export of connections.

The vre file only contains the folders, not the connections themselves. And also removes them from the local xml file leaving you with empty folders.

I do not recommend anyone exports their connection without creating a full vrb backup first.

I have restored from a vrb and the data is populated fine.

VisionApp: Can you confirm there is a bug in the export connections only facility?
pde Wrote:For us, it would seem the problem occurs following an export of connections.

The vre file only contains the folders, not the connections themselves. And also removes them from the local xml file leaving you with empty folders.

I do not recommend anyone exports their connection without creating a full vrb backup first.

I have restored from a vrb and the data is populated fine.

VisionApp: Can you confirm there is a bug in the export connections only facility?

That being said I just ran another export and it all behaved as it should.

Odd. Must have been coincidence.
Just started up visionapp this morning and yet again all the folders are empty. Yet the application was closed down cleanly, there was no blue screen etc.

I am running Windows 7 Enterprise 64 Bit edition. Is anyone else getting these problems.