Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Return code 5 and 2056 + internal error 3
Running vRD 2011 7.0.3265.0 on a W2K8 R2 SP1 TS server.

When connecting to a remote computer running W2K3, I get two error messages:

First:
"The remote computer 'server' returned a critical RDP error (Return code: 5). Internal error code 3 (invalid state)."

After a few seconds:
"The remote computer 'server' returned an RDP protocol error (Return code: 2056). The remote computer disconnected the session because of an error in the licensing protocol..."

When I connect using mstsc I'm logged on, though I get an application popup on the TS about that my temporary client license will expire soon. This is a problem yes, but why will vRD not log me on anyway when it works with mstsc?

/Nicolaj
There are "some cases" where MSTSC.exe differs from the ActiveX-Control we use - I do not know why - we tried to prevent "Error code 2056" but we do not have a chance - we get this error during a disconnect event from the ActiveX
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Okay, too bad.

We have previously suggested a retry feature (http://forum.visionapp.de/showthread.php?tid=3677 - still missed :-), so an idea could be to also implement "Retry with native RDP Client" (if available) or similar for situations like errors that can't be handled by the control.

/Nicolaj
I see this error when the server we connect to uses Per Device licensing instead of Per User, don't kow if this helps anything. It actually worked logging on with /admin. And after changing to Per User it works like a charm from vRD.
Hi There
In our company, we use vRD 2010 R2 and also have this issue on Server 2008 R2 TS...
For the moment as workaround I configured mstsc as an external application...
Are there any news about the problem?
Best Regards
Fabian
We can't do anything - the rdp-control is still the same and works like it is...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Hi DevOma

I found a solution for the issue:
Some days ago we had this problem also with RDP (MSTSC), which I could resolved with this explenation from MS:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/libra...spx#BKMK_8
(delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSLicensing)
After that I started MSTSC as Administrator and the issue was gone (but only with MSTSC).

Unfortunately this problem persists in vRD.

The resolution for that: Start also vRD as Administrator and connect to the server... This will work and will also resolve the problem for all other users.

Best Regards
Fabian

If you use a 64 bit system on your client, keep in mind that the registry key is under:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\MSLicensing

The problem was fixed for me after I deleted this key.