Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disk Drives
Smile 
I am using Remote Desktop 2010 R2.
When selecting the disk drive option, the drive does not appear on the remote desktop PC. When using the same selection on standard RDP, it does show.
Please be sure to have clipboard mapping also enabled because it’s required for the disk drives mapping.

Andreas Mariotti Wrote:Please be sure to have clipboard mapping also enabled because it’s required for the disk drives mapping.
I do have clipboard mapping enabled. It still does not work.

Andreas Mariotti Wrote:Please be sure to have clipboard mapping also enabled because it’s required for the disk drives mapping.
Sorry, no other spontaneous idea, you can post some more information maybe this helps to identify the cause, please run the vRD component check (Administration -> Component Cheek) and post the results, what terminal server OS we are talking about, are you 100% that this is working with MSTSC from the same client to the same server, do you have this issue only with one client or one server or with multiple, please post a screenshot of your vRD connection settings, etc..
I have isolated it to machines running XP. It works fine with Server 2003 and 2008.

Hope that helps.

Andreas Mariotti Wrote:Sorry, no other spontaneous idea, you can post some more information maybe this helps to identify the cause, please run the vRD component check (Administration -> Component Cheek) and post the results, what terminal server OS we are talking about, are you 100% that this is working with MSTSC from the same client to the same server, do you have this issue only with one client or one server or with multiple, please post a screenshot of your vRD connection settings, etc..
alutskes Wrote:I have isolated it to machines running XP. It works fine with Server 2003 and 2008.

Hope that helps.

Have you tried upgrading the XP computer to the latest RDP Client?
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...laylang=en
I have made a test from a Win XP machine via vRD to another Win XP machine, and client driver mapping is working. Sounds more like an issue that is specific to your environment and not like a general issue.

I am running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. I would agree it is my environment if it did not work with Remote Desktop which comes with Windows, but it does. It is a pain as I have to switch between programs when I want move files between machines. I have also tried connecting to several XP machines, all with the same result.

Andreas Mariotti Wrote:I have made a test from a Win XP machine via vRD to another Win XP machine, and client driver mapping is working. Sounds more like an issue that is specific to your environment and not like a general issue.
I am noticing this issue on Windwos 2016 based hosts. When i lcick on teh default settigns and save lcipboard and disks and save and re conenct that e settings are not saved.
Noticed similar behavious on Windwos 2012 hosts as well.
Which version do you use?
Regards/Gruss
Oliver