Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ASG-RD 2012 Patch 8 NOW available / JETZT verfügbar
Exclamation 
ASG-RD 2012 Patch 8 NOW available / JETZT verfügbar

Download ASG-RD 2012 Patch 8

Important - This Patch only inlcude the "LARGEADRESSAWARE"-Flag - so it can consume 4GB of RAM on 64bit systems

with SQL Express 2008 R2
without SQL Express 2008 R2

For general information about ASG-Remote Desktop 2012 please have a look here:
http://www.asg.com/Products/View/ASG-Rem...sktop.aspx

Generelle Informationen zu ASG-Remote Desktop 2012 finden Sie hier:
http://www.asg.com/Products/View/ASG-Rem...sktop.aspx

Attached Files
.txt   Liesmich_ASG-RD2012_inclPatch8.txt (Size: 3.51 KB / Downloads: 3,738)
.txt   Readme_ASG-RD2012_inclPatch8.txt (Size: 3.3 KB / Downloads: 4,354)
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
FYI, The News and Updates page shows this now after upgrading to Patch 8:

Whoops
You seem to be running a newer version than what we are checking for. Way to go!
I recommend uninstalling your installed version prior to upgrading. I had RD2012 P4 installed and P8 doesn't really upgrade the installation. It installs alongside the old version in the same directory and leaves the old files and shortcuts in place. I like to keep my system clean and not risk any version conflicts.
Perhaps you didn't close the app before upgrading - it is a patch and so it will be normally installed to the same dir - but you can choose another one then the shortcuts should be replaced with the new one
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Great News guys!!! I can use much more Windows 2012 Connections now, and the product is now usable again!
Thank you very much
(20-05-2013, 08:43 PM)DevOma Wrote: Perhaps you didn't close the app before upgrading - it is a patch and so it will be normally installed to the same dir - but you can choose another one then the shortcuts should be replaced with the new one

The app was closed before upgrading. It installed in the same directory. The problem is because of the rebranding to ASG Remote Desktop the main .exe file name changed, leaving the old one. The Start Menu group also changed its name so it created the new one and left the old one.
Thank you, FYI the download without SQL has patch 7 readme notes in it, not patch 8.
Any word on the 2014 version? The beta forum is closed??
We have more than 50 beta users - so the beta test is closed for new users - we are in progres of fixing bugs and adding the last open features - should be finished in the next 4 weeks...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(15-05-2014, 08:44 AM)DevOma Wrote: We have more than 50 beta users - so the beta test is closed for new users - we are in progres of fixing bugs and adding the last open features - should be finished in the next 4 weeks...

Can you give an update on the progress with 2014? Wanted to join the beta testers, but was too late. Hoping to have a release soon Wink
We are in QA - but found some issues we need to fix - need some more days...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Hy,

In the past we used vRD 2011. Our subscription has been expired. Because of the protocol error 3334 on 2012(r2) server, we have to buy a new product.

I want to evaluate vRD2012 in our database environment (and update -a copy off- our current database), but I have to provide a valid license file. I receive the Freeware license from sales, but I can't use the database with the freeware license.

So how to Evaluate the Database version of RD2012?

Hope you can help me, because sales don't have a solution. The alternative is Remote Desktop Manager from Devolutions, but we have experience with vRD and it's faster then Remote Desktop Manager. Hopefully you can provide me the details for evaluating vRD2012.
With trial versions you can't migrate a whole database - you can install a new database with vRD 2012 and use Eval license for testing...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Thanks for the reply.

The main reason for trying/buying the new version is to avoid the Protocol Error we get in vRD2011: When (trying) connecting to multiple Windows 2012(R2) servers we get an RDP protocol error with Return Code: 3334. Is this issue solved in the 2012 version of vRD?
I searched for the RDP error - and it seems to be a memory issue - we had a solution to increase the used memory of the app on 64-bit machines to avoid this error - is implemented in 2012 :-)
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Hy, I bought a license for 13 admins.

vRD 2012 works again better then previous versions, but I have an issue:

We (my colleagues and me) use a single database to store all the connections in. We browsing to servers to type in the name of the server in the left panel.

But we have in this version, some problems with it:
- We cannot browse/type-in this way to servers starting with an X
- sometimes typing is slowed down, so vRD skips to a server with another letter, example; typing: SERVER01 is not always going to this server but skips to a server starting with the E...

Hope you understand what I mean.
Yes I understand - first: please create a new thread for your questions :-)

We will use a completly new tree view control in the next version - should be released in the next days
Regards/Gruss
Oliver