ASG-RD 2015 - Patch6
Patch6 of ASG-RD 2015 is available.

If you have already installed any ASG-RD 2015 version you need to close your application and then install the Patch6 version. You don't need to uninstall your old version.

For Upgrade-Users (from version 2012):
If you want to migrate your data from 2012 version you can do inside a new environment in 2015 - so you could not connect to an old environment (as in the past) - you need to create a new environment and select "Environment=>Upgrade from 2012".

ASG-RD 2015 Patch6

For any feedback you can use this sub forum or the main forum of ASG-RD.

The following ReleaseNotes describes the fixed issues and new features.

Fixes
- Import via csv file - if field "protocol" is empty the current value (of existing rows) will not be overwritten
- Permissions - with missing permission "Private objects - full access" it's not possible to switch new created items back to "private"
- Delete of private objects possible even if permission "Delete objects" is not assigned
- When connecting to multiple machines the correct order will be used in tabs
- New security setting on folder/connection level - Use of "Connect with protocol..."
- New security setting on folder/connection level - Use of "Ext.App. ..."
- Security setting on folder/connection level - Use of "Connect as..." works correctly
- Credentials with missing edit permissions, can not be modified anymore
- New gloabl securty setting: Edit "Default connection properties"
- Migration of assigned default credentials for connection objects fixed

New features/enhancements
- New command line option for exporting connections in csv format
- New command line option for importing connections in csv format
- Firefox/GeckoFX-Browser-Engine is integrated

Attached Files
.html   ReleaseNotes_EN.html (Size: 1.28 KB / Downloads: 56)
.html   ReleaseNotes_DE.html (Size: 1.4 KB / Downloads: 43)
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Will this resolve the XML file corruption reported earlier - XML corruption bug report?
As patches are released for ASG-RD, will all users be required to update the product at the same time? We are currently on patch 4 of the product and use a shared SQL database. I wasn't sure if the table structure is updated and previous versions of the product would no longer work. Obviously, we want users to be on the same version, but it may be a few days before we get everyone to comply. Thanks in advance for the info.
I just tried to add a HTTP/S connection but via the Firefox/GeckoFX browser, but encountered an error.

Unhandled Exception
An unhandled error occured in the application. You should restart the application to prevent further problems.

Seems to be a problem, when credentials are assigned and should be used for http connections - we will fix asap
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
@brandon_dockery: No not all users need to update at the same time - no database update is necessary from Patch4 - with the database structure we reduced the risk of database changes :-)
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
@dan_linder: Not completed - a backup file is created after reading the environment data - but currently it is not restored automatically when the file is corrupted - had to much security issues and we had to interupt implementation of this issue - will follow in the next version
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Question - and apologies for sounding dumb. If I have the SQL express backend running, do I have to re-run the installer with SQL, or can I just update the front-end for this patch? I figure its probably just the program itself but I wanted to check.
You need only the frontend to update - SQL Express installer is only necesary if you want to create an MS SQL Express Instance...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Hi.
How do I make a Connection to an extern IP conneting via a different port?
With an 2012 it was possible to define a port with the 2015 I can't do.
I tried already IP:Port, it doesn't work.

Hope for help.

Thanks!
If you are using connection objects you can specify the port in the corresponding protocol (like RDP, ICA, SSH, ...) - if you are using QuickConnect it should be able to type server:port
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
I'm working with objects. Where do I have to change the protocol? Do I have to generate for each port an "own new protocol"?
In Properties => Connection you specify the protocol to use...

If you like to specify more details - goto "Roles" - add the roles you want to configure and then you can edit these properties too - like RDP and there is the specific RDP port you can set...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Thanks, works fine!
Since updating to Patch 6 the private credentials ( Password ) do not pass through to the connected to server. Have removed the credential and reinput checked the settings but the password is not passed through.

Install is local connecting to a shared DB.
Is the problem occuring for all users or only for some? Do you see the right credentials when opening the properties of a connection? You have to choose the right button at the top of the dialog when you are in the category "Credentials" (Default / Inherited / Personal)
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
I found the issue, Used to be able to apply the credentials to the containing folder fr connections, Now having to apply it to the seperate connections with in the holding folder.