ASG-RD 2015 - Patch10 (Build 8.0.5034.1)
Patch10 of ASG-RD 2015 is available!

If you have already installed any ASG-RD 2015 version you need to close your application and then install the Patch10 version. You don't need to uninstall your old version.

For Upgrade-Users (from version 2012):
If you want to migrate your data from 2012 version you can do inside a new environment in 2015 - so you could not connect to an old environment (as in the past) - you need to create a new environment and select "Environment=>Upgrade from 2012".

ASGRD2015Patch10_Setup

For any feedback you can use this sub forum or the main forum of ASG-RD.

The following ReleaseNotes describes the fixed issues and new features.

Fixes

- Putty focus - Undo changes from Patch9
- Right mouse click selects row in 'find window'

New features/enhancements

- Added Ip address for csv import/export
- New function in 'Data Optimizer' - Merge of same properties on their parent object
- SeachBuffer (Profile data) used also for 'find window' in Navigation
- Added 'Use connection credentials' for RDP=>RD-Gateway
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Hi,

kleiner Schönheitsfehler: Die Version zeigt "8.0.5034.1" an statt 8.0.5035.0

MfG
Heinrich
Hi Olivier,

thanks for the database optimizations. on a SSD it now takes 26 sec instead of 54 sec to start the application fully and using the database mode.
I have no splash screen nor login screen so there is no time lost clicking any other button.
As I have no splash screen nor login screen it still takes a long time before I see the interface, about 14 seconds.
After the optimizations it matters not if other users do the upgrade or not they get the same speed boost. on a slower PC this still takes 48 seconds, about 28 seconds is getting to the interface.

I don't know yet what this gives over a slow VPN connection or from China and the States.
Did you re-run the 3rd and 4th step of the wizard? For every Folder-Level you Need to re-run once - the optimizier only merge one Folder-Level - so you can boost your Performance perhaps a Little bit more :-) (if you didn' do that before)
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
tnx, i ran this over and over again till he found nothing.
then closed the app en started again
and then again.

at the end at each application restart step 2 still finds 1 problem but gives and err on solving it.
But I don't see any data where I could manually check to fix this.

An error occured on executing an sql statement
PropertiesUsageRemove
Could not find stored procedure 'PropertiesUsageRemove'.

---------------------------

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite, SqlDataReader ds)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe, Int32 timeout, Boolean asyncWrite)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
at CloudAdminDataAccess.SqlDataAccessor.PropertiesUsageRemove(IPropertiesItemUsage data)
Yes, we planned to add this StoredProc with the next database update - but it was not necessary in the last versions so it's still missing - please ignore it, it will not make a big difference...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
What about "searching for updates". In earlier releases it worked (Proxy settings?).
We didn't change "Check for updates"...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
I see, but it doesn't work behind a proxy with authentication required. look for my screenshot.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

If your IE has the right settings it should work...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Hi,
Unfortunately export to csv gives blank values in ConnectionIpAddress field.

Regards
Artur
Yes, fixed that already (for the next patch)
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Hallo

Habe soeben Upgrade von ASG Remote Desktop 2012 mit DB auf ASG Remote Desktop 2015 aktualisiert. Soweit alles OK. Folgendes Problem: Wenn ich nun auf einen Server 2012R2 verbinde und das Kennwort eingebe, wird immer automatisch eine zweite Session aufgerufen gemäss Screenshot. Das Problem passiert aber immer nur, wenn ich das Programm öffne, resp. bei der ersten RDP-Verbindung. Ist hier sowas bekannt? Gerne liefere ich weitere Details. Merci und Gruss, Sascha

Nachtrag: Das Problem ist nur reproduzierbar, wenn ich via Dameware auf den PC schaue, wo ich ASG Remote Desktop 2015 ausführe. In dem Fall ist das Problem nicht sehr schwerwiegend.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Wow - noch nie gehört - ist vielleicht aktiviert das die Verbindungen beim Beenden gespeichert werden und ohne Rückfrage beim Start wiederhergestellt werden sollen?
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Hi

Have something been done with inherit from folder with patch 10?
All of a sudden no user is able to see the correct security inheritage on folders.

And they are also not able to set default credentials even if their access rights give that access.

I have done some testing, and all of a sudden it seems like the Global Security Assignment "Security assignment for items" is required again.
This was a bug in a previus patch as well.
If the users get this access they will be able to overide a lot of security settings.
So this can NOT be required to assign default credentials.
(29-10-2015, 02:11 PM)DevOma Wrote: If your IE has the right settings it should work...

Sad of course, strange answer.
(05-11-2015, 03:44 PM)thogud Wrote: Hi

Have something been done with inherit from folder with patch 10?
All of a sudden no user is able to see the correct security inheritage on folders.

And they are also not able to set default credentials even if their access rights give that access.

I have done some testing, and all of a sudden it seems like the Global Security Assignment "Security assignment for items" is required again.
This was a bug in a previus patch as well.
If the users get this access they will be able to overide a lot of security settings.
So this can NOT be required to assign default credentials.

Bump on this one Smile I do not like the current situations were I had to enable the Global Security Assignment "Security assignment for items" for default credential assignment / security inheritage to work for non admins. I know this was the same with patch 5 or 6 if i remember correctly and it then got fixed in the following patch.
Yes there was a Change :-) Check the Option "Set assigned credentials" and "Set assigned sefault credentials" - These options didn't enable users to edit the assigned credentials and that was changed - please try to enable and give me a short feedback if it is working for you...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(12-11-2015, 09:29 AM)DevOma Wrote: Yes there was a Change :-) Check the Option "Set assigned credentials" and "Set assigned sefault credentials" - These options didn't enable users to edit the assigned credentials and that was changed - please try to enable and give me a short feedback if it is working for you...

Sounds strange, we have always just used the Option "Set assigned credentials" and "Set assigned sefault credentials".
And never had problems with that until this patch.

See the attached document descrinbing the patch issue with examples.

Attached Files
.pdf   Credential bug.pdf (Size: 272.71 KB / Downloads: 14)
I will check that today...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver